Fall is just around the corner in Westerly, and as the temp begins to change, so does the indoor and outdoor décor of our houses. Now is the ideal time to begin considering how to “fall-ify” your home entryway and take advantage of some fun fall accents for your replacement doors to imitate the atmosphere of the season. Doors are usually the focal point of a home—they offer curb appeal and can make a large impact on someone’s first impression of a house. Here are several things to ponder when selecting your new fall door décor:
- Creating levels in your entryway – Height is helpful when it comes to drawing eyes to the doorway. There are a variety of ways to make levels, including adding decorative grasses, hung lights or basket plants, or galvanized buckets to place pumpkins or other fun fall decorations.
- Embrace color – Fall gives us a brilliant color palette every year, so your front entryway should complement it. Gourds and pumpkins always provide a great pop of color, as well as color-changing leaves and apples. Warm colors are the best option for the fall palette.
- More than corn stalks and wreaths – There are always staple fall decorations that are used year after year, but creativity in on-trend items can make your entryway look unique and stylish. Some of the trendy door hangers this fall include:
- Wood – try a wooden sign with a fun fall message to give an inviting atmosphere to your entryway
- Pinecones – string some together and paint them in warm hues for an added pop of color
- Burlap sack – instead of heaping fall flowers into a basket, compile a burlap bag with flowers and pumpkins and put it on your door for the perfect fall charm
- Scarecrow – turn an old straw hat into a cute scarecrow to greet guests when they come at your door
Use your replacement door as a backdrop for fall creativity during this change of seasons and wow your neighbors with lively and unique curb appeal. If you have any questions about making the most of your entryway fall décor or if you think your decorating might include investing in a new replacement door this fall, give our professionals at Pella Windows and Doors in Westerly a call at 401-315-7032 or book an appointment with us using our online scheduler. It’s always a great time for a new front door and a new look!