Winter weather is just around the corner in Westerly and when the temperature drops, the utility bills can often increase. There are several things that you can do to prepare for the chilly season and equip your home for the weather change. Storm door installation can improve your home comfort during the cold months, and Pella Windows and Doors is here to help prime your home for what’s ahead.
Are you wondering what is so significant about storm door installation? While storm doors are advantageous all year long, here are some of the benefits that storm doors offer during Westerly winter:
- They increase energy efficiency – Storm doors are an extra layer between the outdoors and the inside of your home. Their glass covering option decreases energy loss and can help decrease expenses on your heating this winter.
- They increase home security – Just as storm doors offer an added layer of protection from the elements, a locked storm door also adds another barrier for burglars or other unwelcome guests.
Storm door installation is an ideal way to ready your entryway for the upcoming winter, but here are a few other ways to save some money in your home as the colder weather arrives:
- Check weather stripping. When your weather stripping is loose, cold air can sneak in and affect your home comfort. If you have challenges with reattaching or replacing loose weather stripping around your windows or doors, give our Pella Fall River experts a call and receive the help you need.
- Clean window sills and moving parts. Debris can gather in the moving parts of your windows and doors, especially in your window sills. Grab a dry paintbrush and brush out these areas to produce a tighter seal and enhance your window and door performance.
- Repair damaged exterior surfaces. Any weak spots on the foundation of your home, like deteriorating siding or a cracked roof spot, could permit cold air to come into your home. Consult with a professional to solve these issues before cold weather arrives in Westerly.
If you have additional questions about how to prepare your house for the colder weather, or about storm door installation this winter, give the team at Pella Windows and Doors in Westerly a call at 401-315-7032 or visit our showroom to talk face-to-face with our experts. We want to help get your home ready to handle the colder season.