Winters in Westerly can bring a lot of weather changes: colder temperatures, wetter environments and overcast skies. One of the best ways to warm up the look of your home in this sometimes dreary time of year is by adding a wooden replacement door. The detailed wood doors from Pella Windows and Doors are made to complement your home and bring warmth to your entryway. Each Pella Fall River collection provides a different style for your Westerly home:
- Traditional: The Traditional Collection features unique glass designs and detailed wood panels for an everlasting look.
- Craftsman: The Craftsman Collection brings simple, symmetrical detailing with a steadfast make.
- Classic: The Classic Collection adds elegance and charm to the home with a historic feel, decorative designs, beveled glass and true divided-light grilles.
- Old World European: The Old World European Collection takes guests back in time when they arrive at your home. Textured glass and decorative iron accents add grandeur and character to your entryway.
Now that you have a better understanding of the types of wooden doors available to you through Pella Windows and Doors, how do know if a wooden door is best for your house? There are lots of advantages to wood replacement doors besides their style and warmth. Here are some things to think about:
- Because the doors are comprised of wood, they are easier to customize. Door panels, molding and any other customized features can easily be crafted into wood to make your front door matchless. You can also emphasize your wood’s natural grain with stain.
- Depending on the environment, wood replacement doors and windows can be a long-lasting, durable product. Wood doors typically require an overhang, so you will want to consider that for your replacement project. That means that wood doors could help increase your home’s energy efficiency, and even diminish noise from the outdoors.
- Because wood is a natural material that can be shaped in an assortment of ways, wooden doors can be custom made to fit almost any size of doorway. It is also easy to insert glass windows or pieces into a custom door for added light.
- According to Consumer Reports, wood is one of the best door materials for resisting wear and tear. Wood doors are less likely to dent and scratch and are easier to repair. However, to keep them looking their best, they require regular painting or varnishing on a more timely basis.
The entryway is the central point of any home. If you are wanting an inviting upgrade this winter, or just want to try out a more unique look for your home, chat with our Pella Windows and Doors professionals about wood replacement doors. Stop by our Westerly showroom or book an appointment with us online.