We have a history of sustainability, and we’re committed to protecting the environment, including locally in Westerly. Whether that’s through our own business practices or providing energy-saving products, we make every effort to be green. Our ENERGY STAR®-certified windows and doors will help strengthen the energy efficiency of your home, and you’ll see the benefits no matter the season.
Our InsulShield® glass collection1 provides the most innovative and energy-saving choices, with selections based on your climate. The options below provide our best energy efficiency and protection from weather year-round.
Advanced Low-E Insulating Triple-Pane Glass with Argon2 uses three panes of glass and up to three layers of Low-E thermal protection, with argon between the panes.
Our Advanced Low-E Insulating Double-Pane Glass with Argon2 offers insulating double-pane glass with dual coats of Low-E thermal protection. This glass also includes argon inserted between the panes of glass to improve energy efficiency.
Pella’s SunDefense™ Low-E Insulating Double-Pane Glass with Argon2 also features insulating double-pane glass with a Low-E coating formed from three layers of Low-E solar protection to keep your home cooler when it’s hot outside. This glass option blocks 95 percent of the sun’s ultraviolet rays and has argon inserted between the glass to improve your energy efficiency.
Visit your Westerly Pella Showroom to learn about more Pella insulating glass options or our recommendations for the Westerly region.
Determining Energy Efficiency
You can determine energy efficiency by looking at three primary features:
- Multiple panes of glass – more layers of glass equals more layers of protection between the outdoors and your home.
- Argon is a colorless, non-toxic gas that’s denser than air. Pella inserts it between the glass panes to provide additional insulation.
- Low-Emissivity (Low-E) glass coating reflects heat away from your home during the summer months and inside the room during the winter months; and it blocks harmful UV rays.
Our Innovation for Westerly Area Home
We’ve engineered features to help our products strengthen your energy efficiency, including:
- Different combinations of glass
- Thermal breaks
- One-of-a-kind snap-in between-the-glass blinds and shades
- Low-E coating removed from the glass edge to lessen the possibility of seal failure
Find out more about our ENERGY STAR certifications and how to understand the NRFC label.
1 Glass options can be upgraded to offer the benefits of our InsulShield glass collection. Glass options vary per product. See specific product information for availability.
2 Optional high-altitude Low-E insulating glass does not contain argon in most products. See your Pella sales representatives for more information.